INSURANCE AND PAYMENT POLICIES
We accept most major insurance plans. Please call your insurance company prior to your appointment to confirm that we are in-network with your plan.
We currently do not accept the following Medicaid based health plans:
- Molina Healthcare
- Illinicare Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Community Health Plan
We will continue to serve patients with Meridian Health Plan and Fee for Service Medicaid
We are not in network with the following commercial plans:
- United Healthcare – Caterpillar
All insurance claims are submitted to the insurance carrier you provide to us at check-in. Please assure you are presenting the up to date insurance for proper billing. If your insurance does not respond, denies payment, or directs payment to you, remaining balances may become patient responsibility. You are required to pay on the day of service any co-pays that are listed on the insurance card.
Please contact your insurance company regarding referrals, pre-certification, co-pay, or any other questions concerning in-network/participating providers and coverage prior to your visit. Accepted Methods of Payment include:
- Personal Check
- Credit Cards
We strive for complete patient satisfaction. We understand that many patients have questions about the details concerning their insurance benefits. The following tips may help prevent surprise bills for services not covered by insurance.
A few important facts to know:
- Premier Medical Group/Illinois Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Institute are two separate business entities. They are distinct from each other and provide separate services.
- As two separate entities, Premier Medical Group/Illinois Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Institute have separate contractual agreements with insurance carriers and other third-party payors. The two do not necessarily accept the same insurance plans, and if they do, the conditions of the contracts may differ.
- Insurance companies also form unique contracts with the different businesses and individuals they service.
- Most insurance companies have policies in place regarding pre-certification necessary for various office visits, diagnostic tests, treatments and procedures.
For these reasons, we encourage all patients to contact their respective insurance companies to verify coverage BEFORE their scheduled visits and/or procedures. A quick phone call can not only save our valued patient’s time, but also answer questions upfront and prevent unanticipated bills.
Our goal is to provide the best in medical excellence and we continually strive to deliver thorough, professional customer service. We thank you for allowing us to participate in your healthcare. It is a privilege to serve you.
We welcome additional questions you may have.
Please contact us at 309-451-1123.